Monday, October 3, 2011

On Headstands

Sure physically I still need work! I won't fool myself, but fear also remains a barrier to doing a headstand. I still need a wall even though I read and tried just rolling out of a failed headstand safely. Anyways, I can get as far as supporting my headstand with my legs fully tucked in and maybe on a good day being able to raise them a little. It will take me time to raise them fully... I don't feel familiar with where things should be placed. Still working through the head tail connection... Still feel like I need a wall behind me even though I know I could just roll out if I fell down... Somewhere down the road I'll try the headstand like my teacher - she raises her legs with them fully extended easily over her head...

This video on Youtube by Sardi Nardini shows the easier headstand I'm working on:

No comments:

Post a Comment